Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in the monthly closing of the company’s books.
- Prepare and make entries to general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to supporting details and investigate discrepancies.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and other management reports.
- Perform analysis of financial records to verify accuracy, solve problems, and generate/implement recommendations.
- Prepare sales tax and other non-income tax related returns and filings.
- Assist external accountants in completing annual audit.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Perform inventory audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 or 2 accounting internships required if right out of college. One to three years of experience in accounting a plus.
- Detail oriented with strong analysis skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills required.
- Competent knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Ability to analyze processes and recommend/implement improvements.
- BSBA in Accounting with a 3.25 GPA or better.
- Positive attitude with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Long hours of sitting in a chair and using a computer. Job will require occasional weekend and/or evening work, infrequent travel, and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
ESSCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.