Safety Recall Notice
Dear Valued Customer,
The reason for today’s communication is to inform you of a voluntary recall on the batteries used in our Victory sprayers in accordance with the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) regulations. We have become aware that in rare cases the battery packs used in Victory Innovations-brand handheld and backpack electrostatic sprayers can pose an electrical hazard that may result in personal injury and/or property loss.
We are addressing this issue as quickly as possible to ensure the product that we offer is the quality we expect, and our customers deserve. Our records show you are the owner of inventory that may be affected by this action.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS IMMEDIATELY ONLY IF YOU HAVE INVENTORY ON HAND: (no action is required if you don’t have any inventory.)
- SEE BELOW FOR AFFECTED PRODUCT MODEL AND PART NUMBERS.
- CEASE ALL SALES OF AFFECTED INVENTORY IMMEDIATELY; AFFECTED INVENTORY MUST BE PULLED FROM DISTRIBUTION.
- EMAIL QUANTITY + P.O. NUMBERS (STAMPED ON BOX) OF AFFECTED INVENTORY TO BATTERY@VICTORYINNOVATIONS.COM (CC YOUR VICTORY SALES REP). Victory will exchange all affected inventory of products. Victory has inventory of unaffected product that can ship immediately.
- FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ALL CUSTOMERS THAT ARE HOLDING PRODUCT INVENTORY FOR SALE.
HOW TO IDENTIFY AFFECTED PRODUCT INVENTORY
For all Victory units (VP200 and VP300) at warehouses/stock/at customers and still in original packaging, here is the process for segregating Affected and Non-Affected products:
1. Locate the PO number written on the packaging — See images below for location on packaging
2. Look up PO on Table 1 to determine if Affected or Non-Affected — Only the first 3 numbers are relevant to check.
Table 1: PO Identification
VP200 — Handheld Units
Table 1: PO Identification Cont.
VP300 — Backpack Units
Steps 3-5 only needed if you cannot determine Affected or Non-Affected by PO# in Steps 1 & 2
3. Locate the serial number(s) of the units (See images below for example of serial number and locations)
4. See Table 2 for serial number identification of Affected products
5. If you do not have a serial tag on the packaging, you need to remove the battery from the unit to identify. See details below.
Table 2: Serial Number Identification
Serial Tag Number
VP200 - Handheld serial tag location / Actual Location may differ
VP300 - Backpack serial tag location
HOW TO IDENTIFY AFFECTED INDIVIDUAL BATTERIES FROM PRODUCTS
- Please use the battery pictures (Fig. 1 & 2) below to help visually identify Affected battery packs
- Once you confirm it is Affected, you will then need to check the Model shown on the decal (Fig. 3) to identify if it is a Standard battery that comes with the unit or if it is the high-capacity 2X optional battery.
The last letter of the Model will be an “A” for the standard battery or a “B” for the high-capacity battery.
HOW TO IDENTIFY AFFECTED INDIVIDUAL BATTERY ACCESSORIES
- All affected batteries will either show 3400 mAh, or 6800 mAh on the front of the carboard box.
The non-affected batteries will show either 3350 mAh or 6700 mAh.
Please hold all inventory, until we get back to you with the proper shipping instructions. Victory Innovations is presently working PHMSA and EPA to make sure we are meeting the proper federal regulations.
We note that it is a violation of Federal Law for any retailer to sell, offer for sale, or distribute any product covered by this recall.
The public announcement of this recall will be scheduled in January 2021. Please feel free to call us at (800) 741-7788 with any questions.
Lastly, I want to reinforce that the safety of our products and the people who use them are the top priorities for Victory Innovations. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to resolve this situation.
President / Co-founder